What is 3D printing?
3D printing is the process of creating a physical 3D object from a digital model. The digital model is prepared for 3D printing through a process called slicing, where the software breaks down the printing process by each layer. When the slicing process is done, the software sends the information to the 3D printer, which prints one thin layer of the melted filament at a time. When the filament has cooled down, the 3D object is complete.
Features of the Silhouette Alta®
- Comes pre-calibrated and preassembled
- Can print custom 3D designs
- Comes with its own 3D printing software, Silhouette 3D®
- Allows you to adjust your print settings depending on the project
- Prints at fast and slow speeds
- Prints at low and high temperatures
- Prints up to 120 mm tall and 116 mm wide
- Allows you to build your own 3D designs with Silhouette Snap Kits
- Prints objects with any 1.75 mm PLA filament
- Prints Silhouette 3D® files as well as third-party files (.STL and .OBJ formats)
What are important supplies for 3D printing?
While the Silhouette Alta® will work with any 1.75 mm PLA filament, Silhouette is selling rolls of 500 grams of filament in seven different colors: black, blue, green, pink, red, white, and yellow. You can create hundreds of shapes with just one roll.
Included in the Alta box will be sheets of platform tape that you will apply to the build plate of the Alta. This tape is important because it prevents your designs from sticking to the platform, thus making your objects easier to remove and extending the life of your build plate.
Insert the end of the filament through the filament hose and feeder at the top of the machine.
Open your design in Silhouette 3D® and select your print settings.
Select “Print” and the software will then automatically determine the layers to print. When you are ready to print your design and your nozzle has heated up to the correct temperature, the Alta will begin printing your object.
When the machine is done printing and the filament has cooled, you’ll have your 3D object.
- Printer Type: Delta Style
- Print Volume: 124 mm x 124 mm x 130 mm
- File Types: .STL, .OBJ, and allows applicable .studio files to be extruded and turned into 3D objects
- Filament Type: 1.75 mm non-proprietary PLA filament
- Interface: USB 2.0 high speed
- Unit Dimensions: 9.875 in x 9 in x 18.75 in
- Unit Weight: 9.7 lbs
- Silhouette Alta®
- Power cable & USB cable
- Loose filament spool (white, approx. 60 g)
- Filament spool holder
- Platform (with Platform Tape Sheets)
- Two different sizes of hex keys (for machine adjustments)
- Nozzle cleaner tool
- Spatula tool
- Keys (to lock/unlock the case)
- Silhouette 3D software (download)
- 25 exclusive designs (downloadable upon registration)
- 1-month Silhouette Design Store subscription (available with tool registration)
Why should you consider the Silhouette Alta®?
The Silhouette Alta® is competitively priced at P22,000.00 and comes pre-assembled, pre-calibrated, and ready to plug and play right out of the box. That means you can start printing your unique 3D objects right away.
Included with the Silhouette Alta®, you also get the Silhouette 3D® software to customize your 3D designs for print. This software is unique because it’s a one-stop shop; you can design and slice your objects then send the printing instructions to the printer, all through Silhouette 3D®. This is a game changer! Many 3D printing systems don’t allow you to design and slice within a single software.
Along with this, the Silhouette 3D® software can import your .studio and 2D files from Silhouette Studio®, giving your 2D designs a new dimension!